Thursday, January 12, 2012

DAY3:01.13.2012:1214AM.

"Just don't think about it. Just do it. Just jump up from where ever you are and walk out that door without anything stopping you". 

The voice in my head says that line over and over, and does not stop until I just do. I visited the gym today. First time in a long time. I have 2 gym memberships (quite crazy, I know). One to planet fitness for 10$ a month, and another to Fitness 360 for 19.99$. Total: 30$. The reason behind this is during school I stay with my grandma is one part of town and when I am on break I stay with my parents in another part of town. Each gym have different benefits: 

Planet fitness: 
  • cheap
  • open 24/7
  • A lot of equipment, and HUGE. 
Fitness 360:
  • Does have limited equipment, but feels like home. 
  • Very friendly people
  • Classes. They have zumba, spinning, yoga, and other workouts all for free! 
Because of how two the different gyms are I just could not pass it up. A good thing with Fitness 360 is that it's close to my boyfriends house. So, I usually have someone to work out with. It's quite hard to stay on a diet/workout routine when you are all by yourself, and only YOU are your own motivator. It makes me jealous to be in the gym and see best friends working out together. Wish I had a best friend (other than my boyfriend) who was motivated to working out. 

But, this was the night where I had no more excuses and I just went. I wanted to do 30 minute cardio and the rest strength training. I got the cardio down. 25min on the bike, and 10min on the elliptical. After those two my legs felt like jello. However, when it came to the strength training part...I was so lost. The machines are just annoying..and I am so out of shape. It's unbelievable and sad. I am 20 years old and feel sick after 45min of working out. That is just enough to say to myself: "you're disgusting". Yes, I eat well. But, my endurance SUCKS. I need to change this! 

I figure it was my first day so it's okay to not have an idea what I am doing when it comes to strength training. I bought a yoga mat to do my strength training exercises at home. I plan to using that to good use since I feel like I will only do cardio at the gym since I have NO idea what I am doing with strength training. 

I'll learn one day. 

xo,k. 



No comments:

Post a Comment