Thursday, January 12, 2012

DAY 2: 01.12.2012:12:06PM.


I am becoming one of my worse enemies. This picture perfectly illustrates my battle right now with the gym. I have all the energy in the world to get up and go! I know how awesome the gym is going to feel once I am done with it. But, I am just (I guess I will be honest,) insecure of going to the gym. I don't know how to use the equipment, I am intimidated, and out of shape. All of those insecurities stop me from wanting to go to the gym. They are all just excuses that I NEED to get over. 

I need to stop over thinking, and think of the reasons WHY I want this for myself: 

  1. To stop being insecure about myself. There is a reason why I feel insecure and that is because I am lazy and do not want to commit to working out. It is MY fault for feeling insecure about myself. It's no one fault but my own. So, I should take it in my own hands to change this and to work out to get over my insecurities.
  2. To live longer. Truth is: I am on the Depo shot (birth control). The last visit that I went to for my annual my doctor stressed that I start taking calcium and vitamin D supplements along with exercising. Anything with weight bearing exercises. She told me I am at extreme risk for loss of bone density and osteoporosis. I am also at risk for depression that is a trend in our family. I want to beat all of these. I don't have a choice about the birth control. So this becomes a do or die situation. When I go into the gym, I shouldn't see it as a chore but I should see it as a fight for my life. 

This is my short list of reasons why I need to stop with the excuses, and become my own inspiration.


xo,k.  




No comments:

Post a Comment